Garden fresh test to channel the best of spring. Green + vibrant, just what our bodies are craving.
- medium leek (white part only), cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups Broth Masters Bone Broth
- 2 cups water
- 2-3 medium red potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2+ cups firmly packed spinach leaves (1/2 lb)
- 1+ cup firmly packed arugula
- 1/2+ cup fresh parsley
- 1 bunch fresh chives or green onions
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil
- Over medium-low heat, sauté the leek in the olive oil for 4 to 5 minutes, until wilted.
- Add the garlic and sauté another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth, potato, salt and pepper, cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn the heat down and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach, arugula and herbs and simmer for another 10-15 min.
- Purée the soup with an immersion blender. Serve with shredded parmesan on top.