This season-less chili will have everyone asking for seconds. Plus, anything sour cream + avocado has to be good.
- 2 1/2 cups BrothMasters Bone Broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 small chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, canned or fresh
- 1 large sweet potato (about 340g), peeled and diced
- Chopped avocado chunks
- Chopped green onions
- Shredded carrot
- Sour Cream (Tofutti or regular)
- Use a slow cooker or cast iron pot. Add the bone broth, sweet potato, uncooked quinoa, black beans, corn and tomatoes to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Next add the peppers, carrot, onion and garlic, and stir, then add the rest of the seasonings and stir a few times to combine.
- If you're using a slow cooker, set it to high for 2 to 2.5 hours or on low for 5-6 hours (for high, monitor the last 30 minutes and for low, monitor the last hour).
- If you are doing it in the cast iron pot, cook on low for about 45 min to 1 hour.