This fresh summery salad reminds of the best parts of summer. All of our favorites, corn, red pepper, some chili, cilantro and bone broth. Our new go-to summer salad recipe.
- 2 ears of corn, kernels only
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 red peppers, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 cup farro
- 1 cup BrothMasters Bone Broth
- ¾ cup water
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 hot chili pepper, such as Thai bird or jalapeno, minced
- 1 lime - squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Toss corn kernels with 1 Tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper to taste on a sheet pan. Place in the oven. Roast for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the corn is just beginning to char.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 cup BrothMasters Bone Broth plus ¾ cups water to a boil, add farro then lower to low simmer. Add a big pinch of kosher salt. Cook for about 18-20 minutes — taste a few pieces after 15 minutes. I like it slightly crunchy. If you like it creamy use 1 cup of water and cook a few minutes longer. Season with a big pinch of kosher salt.
- Put farro in a bowl, drizzle about 1 Tablespoon olive oil over the farro while it’s still warm. Squeeze lime juice and/or white balsamic over faro.
- Add the roasted corn, diced red pepper, red onion, cilantro and chili pepper to the bowl. Toss with a large spoon. Taste. If it’s a little dry, add more oil and/or lime juice and white balsamic. If it needs a little more seasoning, add more salt.